Ansd they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
The Lord Jesus Christ was severely opposed, arrested, humiliated and crucified. On the third day he arose from the dead but His disciples did not believe that he had really risen. He proved Himself alive to many, but it was hard for them to comprehend this truth.
Jesus also commanded them to go into the world and preach the Gospel so that people would be saved and healed. He ascended to heaven, but His disciples were on the earth. They preached the Good News, and by His Spirit the Lord Jesus Christ was working along with them.
Today Jesus is in heaven and He still works along with his true disciples who are on this earth. This is very interesting statement, “Jesus was working along with them.”
In this Scripture we can see that:
1. The Lord Jesus Christ is God. You can focus on His deity, His divinity. He is true and perfect God. He is alive. He is in heaven.
2. Disciples are human beings. They have their own limitations, their failures, defeats and inconsistencies.
3. Here we also see the partnership of God and man.
4. God takes the initiative. God takes the first step.
How can this partnership be developed between God and man in our day?
1. Serious Repentance. Man must believe in Christ, confess his sins, and get rid of his sins through Jesus. Believe in Jesus. He died for mankind and paid the price to deliver us. Only then may this friendship, relationship, and fellowship be birthed.
2. Selfless love.Those who have selfless love for the Master have a different way of life. Those who follow Him with desire for financial gain or greed can never develop an intimate partnership with Him. Jesus Himself manifested His selfless love on the cross for his enemies. He also desires the same selfless love to be shown by His disciples toward Him and for the people in the street. If this attitude gains a place in your life then the Lord can work along with you and you can have a fruitful ministry.
3. Sincere submission.God is looking for sincere people who can submit to Him and to His divine will with a sincere heart. Partial submission is no submission. Delayed submission is disobedience. When you have a sincere and serious submission, it really pleases the Lord and He works alongside of you. It is a secret; everybody cannot comprehend this secret truth.
4. Smart ears.This means attentive ears, listening ears. Sometimes we have wax in our ears; we cannot hear the voice of God. We are deaf. Sometimes we do not hear clearly. When we do not hear clearly, we do not understand clearly; obviously then, we will not follow His orders. As the temple boy Samuel said, “Here I am, thy servant hears.”
And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
May the Lord open our spiritual ears so that we can clearly hear His still, small voice inside our mind and heart. When we sincerely repent, when we express our selfless love, sincerely submit to Him, and acquire smart ears… then He is willing to work alongside of us, in us and through us.
Is He working alongside of you?
Is he working in you?
Is he working through you?
Do you work by yourself?
Do you work with your own strength?
Think about it! Lord working on me, looking me all the time what I do what I plan he knows everything. Nothing is hide from him.