Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house:thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
Above is the best Bible’s fruitful vine verse. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine within your house. David depicts a picture of one’s home, a warm home, a hospitable home, a loving and caring home. All these attributes are assigned to the lady of the house; the wife, as a fruitful vine in Bible.
The wife plays a most vital role in the development of a home and in the interpersonal relations with neighbors. David depicts the characteristics of a fruitful vine, the wife, by saying;
She shall be like a fruitful vine in thy house.
What it Means?
- She is full of life, and that is why she can be a fruitful vine in Bible. She is full of vigor and energy to carry on the daily tasks of her home and the family.
- She is fruitful. She bears fruit of the womb.
- She is like a fruitful vine. Grapes are sweet, as are most fruits. She is sweet within the family, in her relationships and dealings with family members; her love, care, concern, commitment, communication, companionship and compassion. How are you as a wife?
- The fruitful vine bears grapes which produce energy (all fruit produces energy in the human body). Such a fruitful wife gives, shares, or extends energy to all of her family members. Her energy is shared through the encouragement and comforting of others.
- Fruit is good for health. The fruitful wife is not only responsible for the physical health of the family but their emotional and psychological health, and in particular the spiritual health of her children.
- Fruits (i.e., grapes) work as antioxidants in the body. In the same manner the fruitful wife is an antioxidant in the family. She brings out all the bitterness from the minds and souls of her family members by listening to them carefully, sensitively, confidently, confidentially, compassionately and cordially. She keeps the whole family healthy, active and operational.
- The vine needs support to grow and sustain. In the same manner wife can perform and produce more, give more input, when she is supported by her husband and children. Alone she can do nothing.
- The vine needs good soil, water, fertilizer, air, light and heat to grow and to produce more. The lady of the house also needs good soil of joy and freedom, the water of encouragement, the fertilizer of appreciation, the air of liberty, and the light of hope, heat and warmth of love. So in return she can be productive and fruitful.
- Lord may help you to be a wife like a fruitful vine in Bible.