As a human being, a born again person, I am purchased by the precious blood of Jesus Christ and I am a citizen of heaven. My name is written in the book of life. I have an inheritance in the heavenly places. Find the inner joy meaning in this article that what is inner joy and its impacts.
I know these vital realities and believe in these truths. But to be true and frank with you, sometimes I miss my inner joy. I miss it for a short period of time and sometimes for longer periods of time. Then I ask myself, why is this?
We all know that we live in a world where our enemy is always behind us, seeking to steal our joy and make us unhappy.
Saint Paul says, Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
Php 4:4, KJV
These words are a command. It is difficult but it is not impossible. It is possible.
The question arises, why do I lose my inner joy?
1. Our enemy is not happy that we should live happily.
2. The enemy brings negative thoughts, thoughts of failure. He links them together and makes a chain of failures and defeat and then we start to look at life as a total failure, as chaos.Then we miss our inner joy.
3. This is just one of the tactics of the adversary.
4. When negative thoughts remain in our mind for a long period of time it takes a longer time for them to turn into joyful thoughts.
5. The enemy is always behind our negative thoughts.
6. God is the source of joyful thoughts.
7. Our life hangs between these two powerful thought patterns.
8. God is the one who can guard our thoughts; He keeps us within the four walls of joyful thoughts.
9. This is the greatest war within us. This is the war of light and darkness.
10. God wants us to live with inner and eternal joy. The enemy is not happy when he see we are happy.
So this is my prayer:
Father in heaven, grant me your joy, I don’t want to miss it. I don’t want to miss the joy that doesn’t depend on external circumstances. Lord, help me to experience your joy in a very special way. I look unto you for help to keep my mind from negative thoughts. Make me strong in my inner man.
Help me to resist the flow of negative thought patterns. Grant me liberty in my inner being. Help me to experience thy grace, moment by moment so that I look on the things above. Let your divine joy be expressed on my face. Make me emotionally stable. Help me to be composed. Let the negative thoughts come and go so they don’t make a nest in my mind. I cannot stop them flying over my head but with your help these thoughts must not make a nest.
“Help me to live above my circumstances and grant me strength to focus my thoughts on you. Make me strong so that I may experience your inner joy in my inner being. In Jesus’ name I pray.”